Brandywine Realty Trust, in partnership with Drexel University, marked the groundbreaking of The West Tower at Schuylkill Yards
On Thursday, June 24, 2021, 150 guests, dignitaries and VIPs gathered as Brandywine Realty Trust, in partnership with Drexel University, marked the groundbreaking of The West Tower at Schuylkill Yards, one of the most anticipated innovation neighborhoods in Philadelphia.The 570,000 square foot mixed-use tower will add a mix of residential rental units, life science and innovation office space, retail, and indoor/outdoor amenity spaces to the $3.5 billion, 14-acre master-planned neighborhood. The groundbreaking of the West Tower further strengthens the record- breaking $16.4 million Neighborhood Engagement initiative, enacted by Brandywine, which has been recognized as an exemplary model for inclusive development. The West Tower principals and dignitaries gathered for the ceremonial ground breaking.
3. (From left) Construction Apprentice Prep Program (CAPP) chair Kylee Pickens, Jahara Ruselll, Brandywine Realty Trust CEO Jerry Sweeney, Centennial Parkside Community Development Corp. Vice President Joyce Smith and PhilaPort Chief Counsel gathered for a photo during the reception.
5. Dranoff President and CEO Carl Dranoff, Drexel University President John Fry and Hunter Roberts Construction Group’s Executive VP and General Manager, Dan Dirscherl, paused for a photo at the event.
6. Maureen Hansberry, Jeff Weinstein, Vishaan Chakrabarth, Anne Papageorge and Elizabeth Mahon attended the ground-breaking celebration.
7. Attendees at the event included Brian Keech, David Wilson and Gregory Montanaro
8. Guests included Anna Koulas, Sudie Sahu and Mary Gallagher Gordon.
9. The event featured remarks about The West Tower and thanks to all that made the project possible.