1. Philly Fights Cancer: Round 5 is the annual fundraising event of Philly Fights Cancer, the main fundraising channel for the Abramson Cancer Center at Penn Medicine. The event took place at the Navy Yard on Saturday, October 26, 2019. More than 2,000 guests attended. The organization has raised over $39 million dollars for the Abramson Cancer Center since 2015. Talent for this year’s Philly Fights Cancer event was master of screen and stage Hugh Jackman, former SNL writer and Emmy-winning comedian John Mulaney, as well as Multi-platinum selling pop artist Andy Grammer. In addition to incredible talent, this year Philly Fights Cancer was privileged to honor the Breast Cancer Clinical Investigative Team at the Abramson Cancer Center. The team meets weekly to discuss each patient’s
treatment, resulting in the most advanced high- tech personalized care – providing education, compassionate care and the support needed to help each patient navigate their diagnosis and treatment plans. Philly Fights Cancer was also delighted to honor two loyal supporters and friends of Philly Fights Cancer, Margaret Anne and Jim Nolen. Abramson Cancer Center Chief of Staff, Dr. Joseph Carver and Michele Jamison paused for a photo with Leonard Abramson during the event.
4. The Abramson family, consisting of the founding generation, their children, and grandchildren, have committed themselves to spreading the word about the astounding work being done in Philadelphia, and to ensuring that there are continuing efforts to fund the brilliant researchers and clinicians. Family members David, Stephanie, Richard, Rachel and Nancy Wolfson with Brett Cohen (second left) paused for a photo at the event.
6. Justin Pizzi of Visit Philadelphia, Kristin Detterline of Philadelphia Style Magazine, Sheila Hess, Philadelphia City Representative. and Jeff Guaracino, Visit Philadelphia Chair were pictured at the event.
7. Ron and Ellen Caplan and their children Matthew and Sarah attended the event.
8. Robert and Mary Ann MacDonald and Megan and Andrew Miller.
9. Gene and Nicole Rosadino and Reba and Fred Robbins.
10. Dr. Zev Binder, Dr. Kim Reiss Binder, Dr. Ben Abella and Ursinsa Teitelbaum.
11. Erin Neurcher, Karen Fastreich, Gina Lederer, Keri Arnold and Jennifer Jones.
12. Danielle Barnes, Jill Ruffenach and Runa Das.
14. Colleen Hutchinson, Todd Gannon, Michael Murphy and Tara Theune Davis attended the annual fundraiser.