Philadelphia Hospitality honors three outstanding individuals during Vision for Philadelphia Award event at the Union League
1. On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 Philadelphia Hospitality honored Frank Giordano, President & CEO of the Philly POPS, Romona Riscoe Benson, Director of Corporate and Community Relations at PECO and James Cuorato, President & CEO of the Independence Visitor Center Corporation at the 2019 Vision Gala held at the Union League. Their efforts have contributed to positioning the region as a year-round destination resulting in continued economic development. Philadelphia Hospitality, a private non-profit organization was created nearly four decades ago by civic leaders who recognized that the region had a wealth of art, cultural and historical assets. The intention then, and to this day, is to attract cultural, corporate and professional groups to experience its world-class treasures. Our strategy, aimed at regional economic growth through tourism, is to increase multi-day hotel stays, restaurant and attraction bookings. Philadelphia Hospitality has evolved into a full-service tour operator with a focus on creating personalized itineraries, offering behind-the-scenes access and delivering firstrate
customer service. Philadelphia City Councilmen Allan Domb and Mark Squilla (left and right) presented Frank Giordano, Romona Riscoe Benson and James Cuorato with Philadelphia City Council Citations during the event.
2. Honoree Frank Giordano paused for a photo with his wife Dotty, daughter-in-law Yasmina and son John following the City of Philadelphia’s presentation.
3. Mark Squilla, Romy Diaz Jr. Romona Riscoe Benson and her husband Herbert and Allan Domb paused for a photo after the presentation.
4. Honoree James Cuorato shared a moment with family members Nichole, Vincent and James 111.
5. Philadelphia Hospitality Board members Bill Mellix, Charles and Alice Dagit, Chris Perks and Board Chair John Kroll.
6. John Ventura, Ginny Susin and Denise Monahan.
7. Brad Weingart, Rick Ellis and Connor Gorman.
10. Jim Campi, Scott Hummel and Scott Stephenson.
11. Philadelphia Hospitality Executive Director Mariska Bogle and her father, Robert Bogle, congratulated honoree Romona Riscoe Benson.
12. Philadelphia Youth Orchestra President Louis Scaglione, Union League President Charles Davidson and his wife Susan and past Union League President and Philadelphia Hospitality honoree Frank Giordano paused for a photo during the reception.
13. John and Yasmina Giordano and Frank and Dotty Giordano chatted with Joe Del Raso at the event.
14. Dan Templar, Jamelle Carter and Larry Cohen attended the event.
15. Honoree Romona Riscoe Benson paused for a photo with Jerry E. Rice Jr. and Sally and Bill Mifflin.