Pennsylvania Ballet’s annual gala kicks-off season at the URBN Headquarters on the Philadelphia Navy Yard
1. On Saturday, October 5, 2019 Pennsylvania Ballet’s annual gala kicked-off the 2019-2020 season with an explosion of color. The black-tie event took place at the URBN Headquarters on the Philadelphia Navy Yard and featured a first look at the Ballet’s annual programming. Guests mingled with the extraordinary artists of Pennsylvania Ballet and former Pennsylvania Governor and former Philadelphia Mayor Edward G. Rendell was honored for his exceptional dedication to the arts. Former Philadelphia Phillie baseball player Garry Maddox, Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, past Pennsylvania Governor and Philadelphia Mayor and event honoree Ed Randell, Pennsylvania Ballet’s Executive Director Shelly Power and its Artistic Director Angel Corella paused for a photo following the award presentation.
4. Vikki Slovitz, Emily Davis, Julia Sherrill and Cassie McAndrew gathered around PA Ballet Board Chair David Hoffman during the gala event.
6. Pennsylvania Ballet members including event chair Stephen Varenhorst, Pennsylvania Ballet executive director Shelly Power and its Artistic Director Angel Corella paused for a photo with Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney during the gala event.
7. Jenny Parker, John and Kristen Kutharczuk, Marty Judge and Nina Radcliff M.D. paused for a photo at the gala event.
8. Pennsylvania Ballet dancers Marjorie Feiring, Peter Weil, Yuka Iseda, Lillian DiPiazza and Leandro Slipczuk were pictured at the event.
10. Guests included Mark Nicoletti, Dilara Deger and Adriana and Ken Wellar
12. Pennsylvania Ballet’s Debbie Hilzinger and her husband Kurt chatted with Barbara Eberlein and Jerry Wind.
14. Angel Corella and Shelley Power made the award presentation to Governor Rendell.