1. Philadelphia Landmarks ’ Farewell to Summer: ”The Great Oyster Craze, a Celebration in the Raw”
took place on September 12, 2019, at Powel House on 3rd Street in Philadelphia. Attendees enjoyed oysters, hors d’oeuvres, beer, wine and music in the garden of this historic house. The Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks inspires people to engage with history by preserving unique historic sites and by providing related historical, educational and cultural programming. Powel House board members and guests attending this year’s ”Great Oyster Craze” included Claudia Vargas, John and Kate Ventura, Greg Montanaro, Lauren Krebs, Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks Executive Director Kayla Anthony and Charles
3. Joe and Joanne Gasiewski and Matt Iannone and Liyah Desher sampled oysters at the event.
4. Damian Niescior dressed in Colonial Soldier’s costume chatted with Linda Witt, Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks Executive Director Kayla Anthony and Jim Marsh.
6. Irene and Shaun Connelly and Mitch and Robyn Kobil went on a house tour with Powel House Manager Matt Iannone.
7. Michael and Grace Heater, Damian Niescior in costume, Allison Taub, Nate Breidenbach and Jared Posaver also toured the Powel House.
8. Chris Ditta, Maria Inks and Charles Keates.
9. Joe Fitzpatrick and Isabelle Howard chatted with John and Kate Ventura.