1. On Monday, July 15, 2019 Simon’s Heart supporters gathered at Whitemarsh Valley Country Club in Lafayette Hill for its annual golf outing and BBQ to raise funds to benefit the nonprofit organization. Darren and Phyllis Sudman founded Simon’s Heart in 2005 in memory of their three-month old son, Simon. He died suddenly while taking a nap from an undetected heart condition. Simon’s Heart raises awareness about the warning signs and conditions that lead to sudden cardiac arrest and death in children. It has provided free heart screenings to 17,289 students and 112 lives have been changed. It was behind the passage of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act in Pennsylvania, the first law in the country to protect student athletes from sudden cardiac arrest. With the help of Simon’s Heart, this law has been passed in ten other states as well. The organization owns HeartBytes, the first-of-its-kind digital cardiac registry of seemingly healthy kids. The data and images are made available for free to qualified researchers. Simon’s Heart recently launched GotAED.org, has placed over 100 free AED devices in places where kids learn and play. In 2014, Phyllis Sudman was named the 2014 National Woman of Worth by L’Oréal Paris, beating out more than 4,300 women who were nominated for this honor. Phyllis and Darren paused for a photo in front of this ”remembering” poster during the annual golf outing and BBQ!
2. Mike Hynes, Joe Campbell, Jeff Krawitz enjoyed the day at Whitemarsh C.C.
3. Ellen Satinsky chatted with Amy and Daniel Margulies.
4. Clarke + Cohen tournament sponsors Brett Cohen, Paul Friedman, Blake Zucker and Mike Stover paused for a photo at the event.
6. Mitch Bednoff, Mark Axelman, Dr. Bob Perkel and Dave Resurreccion.
9. Melissa Caruso, Dan and Sari Lifshutz and Neal Rutman.