1. The Radnor Hunt Races celebrated its 89th Anniversary on May 18, 2019 during the spring tradition of steeplechasing at the Radnor Hunt. Six exciting races featured horses galloping over hurdles and timber fences for purses. Attendees enjoyed tailgate picnics with friends and family while helping to win the race for open space. All proceeds from the Radnor Hunt Races benefit the land and water preservation programs of the Brandywine Conservancy in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. (From left) Elizabeth Lowe, Devon Winter, Charlotte Smith, Bridget O’Brien, Kourtney Townsend, Carlotta Rice, Kristin Allen and Jackie Griffin enjoyed a day at the Radnor Hunt Races.
4. Jay and Patty Wright, Beth, Jim and Carly Derr, Collin Wright and Abby Clauser enjoyed their day in the stands overlooking the race course.
6. Paloma Padilla and her mother Leslie Gross-Padilla joined Missy Schwartz (center) at Missy’s tailgate.
7. Donna Kimmel, Sue Arenschield, Missy Schwartz, Bonnie Paskin, Megan Van Sinderen and MJ Boucher had fun at the races!
8. Anne Parks, Amy Holzapfel, Jennifer Robinson and Denise Gentry competed in the hat contest.
11. Perhaps one of the most celebrated traditions is the famous themed tailgate – where imaginations run wild. The Picnic Patron tailgating area is the place to see and be seen. Elaborate spreads, decorated tents and coordinated costumes carefully take into account each year’s theme. After weeks of tireless effort and planning, the parties are carefully evaluated by local celebrity judges – with one party reigning supreme.Hat contestants, judges and Radnor Hunt Races attendees gathered for a photo at the conclusion of the hat competition.
12. Michelle Tate, Beth Krewson, Pam Politis and Denise Bellwoar.
15. Anne and Matt Hamilton and their friends enjoyed their tailgate during the Radnor Hunt Races.