1. The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) presents its 118th Annual Student Exhibition, May 10 to June 2, 2019 in the Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building at 128 North Broad Street, Philadelphia. The exhibition has an exclusive preview party on May 9 with first access to art sales and then opens to the public with a reception on May 10. An academic capstone and the longest-standing exhibition of its kind, the Annual Student Exhibition (ASE) offers PAFA’s emerging artists the opportunity to curate, install, and sell their own work in a professional setting. The preview party on Thursday, May 9, kicked off the Annual Student Exhibition and offered guests the
first chance to view and purchase nearly 1,000 paintings, sculptures, works on paper and installations created by PAFA’s BFA students, third-and fourth-year Certificate program students and MFA candidates, all on the verge of their professional careers. The preview party was hosted by the Women’s Board of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Bruce and Gale Gillespie, Virginia Baltzell (left) and Linda Aversa Caldwell (right) were pictured with Women’s Board president June Smith and her husband Hank Smith during the preview party
2. ASE co-chairs Ashley Stewardson McGuiness and Janis Peck welcomed attendees to the annual ASE preview party hosted by PAFA’s Women’s Board.
3. Lady Jean Wedgwood and Brian and Sherry Effron said hello to PAFA president David Brigham and congratulated PAFA third-year certificate student Rachel Drennan who was awarded the Women’s Board Travel Scholarship.
4. Lauren Peck and her father Steve paused for a photo with co-chair Janis Peck.
5. Women’s Board member Pam Felice (left) chatted with Michael and Kristen Markert.
7. Nina Diefenbach and Thom Collins, both of The Barnes, chatted with Bill and Laura Buck (center).
9. Jack and Ann Kelly paused for a photo with PAFA student Elizabeth Endres, her mother Laura Endres and Anne Standish.
10. Janis and George Strimel chatted with Julie Jensen Bryan and her husband Robert Bryan during the event. Janis and Julie are Women’s Board Members.
11. PAFA student and Artist Liang Dhar chatted with Jennifer Albert, Joe Zuritsky and Manja Lyssy.
12. Katie Rhodes and Allen Ho, M.D., paused for a photo with BFA graduating student Kemeys Goethe (center).
13. Jared Vallee, Jenny Wallner, Anna Lenfest, Jackie and Gene Murphy and Tracy and Sean Coyle paused for a photo at the ASE preview event.
17. Bayard Fiechter of Pennysylvania Trust chatted with Kathleen Foster, student/artist Aaron Feltman and Woodmere CEO Bill Valerio during the ASE event. Aaron’s works are in the background of this photo.
19. Robert Stewardson, Lexy Pierce, Brian and Victoria Fitzpatrick and Trevor McGinnis and his wife and ASE co-chair Ashley Stewardson McGinnis paused for a photo at the event.