1. Community Partnership School (CPS) hosted its annual springfundraiser, “Celebrate CPS” on Thursday, April 18, 2019, at Vie in, Philadelphia. Funds raised through “Celebrate CPS” directly benefit the students and families of CPS, an independent elementary school in North Philadelphia dedicated to providing high-quality education to children from low-income backgrounds. Jocelyn Hillman, a founder of Community Partnership School was the honoree. Ms. Hillman has tirelessly led the school as Board Chairfor the past five years. Since 2014, Mrs. Hillman has also led efforts resulting in CPS’ recent relocation to a brand-new school building located on the border of the Brewerytown and Strawberry Mansion neighborhoods in North Philadelphia. CPS’ growth over time is very much the result of Mrs. Hillman’s unwavering and influential leadership. Celebrate CPS 2019 began with a cocktail reception and silent auction, followed by a moving performance of Glory, written by Common and John Legend, by the Community Partnership School’s Third and Fourth Grade classes. Eric Jones, CPS Head of School, shared the difference being part of his school’s community makes on the lives of CPS students and families, and recognized the monumental impact the school’s relocation will have on current and future students and families –allowing CPS to gradually more than double in size to meet the needs and talents of low-income students throughout Philadelphia. Laurel and Ted Stack and Anne and Charlie Wilmerding co-chaired this year’s event.
3. Erin Kelley, Erin McNabb, Victoria Collins, Jaclyn Green and Caitlin McNabb.
4. CPS principal Eric Jones paused for a photo with Anne and Charlie Wilmerding.
5. Michael and Carolyn Jacobs and Michael and Samantha Jordan.
6. Art and Lisa Schiel, Steve and Betsy Filton and Nancy and Mike McClelland.
7. Kathy and Pete Soens and Kathy and Mike Savage.
8. Cherie Brummaus and Gabe and Melinda Canuso.
9. Keisha Jordan, Greg Martin, Christine and Andrew Matson, Andrea Martin and A.J. Jordan.
10. Kent and Lori Griswold and Peter and Janeen Jonak.
11. Lydia and George Weiss chatted with Honoree Jocelyn Hillman (center).
12. Sister Mary Scullion of Project Home attended the event. Sister Mary was pictured with Janet Moody and Mary Small.
13. Honoree Jocelyn Hillman and her family paused for a photo at the event.