1. The Wayne Art Center’s 24th annual Craft Forms Preview Party took place on Friday, December 7, 2018. This eagerly anticipated exhibition, is dedicated to enhancing the public’s awareness of fine contemporary craft while providing a venue for established and emerging artists to share their creative endeavors. This year’s event also included ”CAST” Art & Objects on display in the Ethel Sergeant Clark Smith Gallery. Craft Forms is internationally recognized as one of the premiere contemporary craft exhibitions. The finest works of ceramics, wood, fiber, metal, glass, mixed medium and 3D printing are featured, supporting the Center’s mission of expanding the public’s awareness of fine contemporary crafts, and significantly benefiting all educational and outreach programs for children and adults. Craft Forms artists gathered in The Davenport Gallery for a photo following the award presentations.
1A. Artist Carla McCoy, and Linda Welford paused for a photo with Brian Daggett (center) during the event.
3. Brian Becker and Rachel Gerrity chatted with Bob Thomason and Maureen McAleer.
5. Nicci Townsend, Megan Lofgren, Jen Townsend and Renee Zettle-Sterling were pictured in the Ethel Sergeant Clark Smith gallery where the “CAST” art and objects exhibit is on display.
6. Andy DeMaio, Henry Winsor and Alan McIlvain attended the event.
8. Jane Wright, Debbie Craley, Ginny Kricun and Nancy McGivney were pictured during the Craft Forms preview event.
10. Mark and Patti Hallowell and Jim and Betsy Kane.
11. Dan Mirer and Claire Kelly paused for a photo with juror Perry Allen Price (center).
13. Brannon Claytor M.D. and his wife Sarah attended the Craft Forms Preview Party.
15. Laura Robertson, Alyson Bault and Lorraine Kepasa explored the “CAST ” exhibit.
17. ”CAST” Art & Objects curators and artists gathered for a photo at the end of the evening.