1. Simon’s Summer Soirée was held at Sunnybrook Golf Club in Plymouth Meeting on Monday, July 16, 2018. The event was an outdoor BBQ with live entertainment benefiting Simon’s Fund. Children were welcome. Darren and Phyllis Sudman founded Simon’s Fund in 2005 in memory of their three-month old son, Simon. He died suddenly while taking a nap from an undetected heart condition. Simon’s Fund raises awareness about the warning signs and conditions that lead to sudden cardiac arrest and death in children. It has provided free heart screenings to 14,308 students. Of those tested, approximately 104 students have discovered potentially fatal heart conditions. It was behind the passage of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act in Pennsylvania, the first law in the country to protect student athletes from sudden cardiac arrest. With the help of Simon’s Fund, this law has been passed in ten other states as well. The organization owns HeartBytes, the first-of-its-kind digital cardiac registry of seemingly healthy kids. The data and images are made available for free to qualified researchers. The chipping contest winners gathered for a photo during the tournament at Sunnybrook!
3. Mitchell Bednoff, Adam Lieberman and John Sion attended the golf outing and reception.
4. Simon’s Fund supporters Larry Brownstein, Keith Joffe, Mike Beatty, Greg Marks and Harris Heller were pictured at the reception after a day on the golf course!
6. Brian Murland chatted with golf outing chair Neal Rutman.
7. John Weiland, Mark Brunner and Scott Erlbaum paused for a photo during the reception that followed the golf tournament.
8. Jon Adler, Anthony Joffe. Billy Fredt and Bill Luterman attended the event.
9. Mike Monsell and Ducis Rodgers of 6ABC paused for a photo after a day of golf!