1. Historic West Laurel Hill Cemetery held its sixth Annual Kentucky Derby party on Saturday, May 5, 2018 with a unique charity event, benefiting Gateway HorseWorks. This premier event took place at the Conservatory on the beautiful grounds of West Laurel Hill in Bala Cynwyd. Attendees had an eventful afternoon and enjoyed Kentucky Derby-inspired fare catered by Southern Cross Kitchen and crafted libations from 13th Street Cocktails and Derby-themed dessert cupcakes by Cupcakes By Ruth. They also enjoyed photo booth fun from Philly Snap Booth, a cigar bar, horsedrawn carriage rides and fashion illustrations by Denise Fike. Alexis and Bill Vesper, guest judge Sulai Neill of American Trench and emcee Gina Gannon of 6ABC took a horsedrawn carriage ride around West Laurel Hill.
2. Guests wore their finest Derby attire to impress the fashion panel and the best dressed had the
chance to win special raffle prizes like Philly Beer Week Opening Tap tickets, a Cure de Repos
spa gift card and more. Van Cleve Pavilion’s Deborah Van Cleve, her husband George Cush and Sandra Yodesky attended the Kentucky Derby festivities at West Laurel Hill.
3. Guests included Beatrice Majka, Karen Ebbert and Jamie Singer.
5. Colleen and Devyn McCullough, Kat MacNeil and Amanda Moorhead attended the event.
6. Kristen de Marco of Gateway HorseWorks shared a moment with emcee Gina Gannon of 6ABC. Gateway HorseWorks, a 501(c)(3) public charity, offers transformative Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Services to children, adults, and families in a healing, farm-based environment.
7. Rob Saxon of MANNA brought his mother Linda Regnery and Laura Payne to the event.
9. Rob Saxon, Kristen Herremann, Michelle Leonard, Blair Weikert, Thanuja Hamilton M.D. and Paul Triggiani gathered for a photo.
11. Deborah Van Cleve Cush, Sandra Yodesky and George Cush toured West Laurel Hill in a horse drawn carriage!
14. Riley and Tom Markley, Ken and Lisa Carraway, Rich and Tricia Allison and Brianna Murphy and Page Buck enjoyed the Bow Ties, Big Hats & Bourbon – A Kentucky Derby Party at West Laurel Hill!