1. Edward Glassman and Head of School Steve Drugger paused for a photo with emcee Katherine Scott.
Local High School Students Set Sights on $10,000 Prize
TiE Philadelphia invited all Philadelphia area high school students to participate in the prestigious TYE Entrepreneurship global competition. Aspiring entrepreneurs had the unique opportunity to learn the basics of starting a new business venture in a format geared to be friendly, yet team oriented, coupled with mentoring from Tie Philadelphia business members. The competition structure formed teams.
Each team came up with an idea and developed that idea into a viable plan with the guidance of their mentors. Then, on May 3, 2018 at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy, the competition intensified when all teams presented their business plan to a panel of judges who represent venture capital, angel and entrepreneurialinvestors. The event emcee was 6abc’s Katherine Scott. The top two winning teams were awarded $1,000 and $500 respectively during the award ceremony.
TiE Philadelphia TiE Philadelphia is a chapter within TiE Global, focused specifically on the development of the entrepreneur, entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Philadelphia. They conduct around 50 to 60 events a year across multiple topics. They also partner with several other industry and entrepreneurship organizations to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the local ecosystem.
2. Munish Narula, Robert Caderas, Bryan Rushforth, Ian Fitzpatrick and Vinod Menezes gathered for a photo at the event.
3. Vinod Menezes chatted with Bryan Fishforth and Suchit Bachalli.
4. Vanessa Chan, Steve Drugger and Ellen Fishman.
5. Jackie Kluger, Gabriela Walker and Jessica Burbach.