1. A preview party on Thursday, May 10, 2018. kicked off the 117th Annual Student Exhibition and offerered guests the first chance to view and purchase nearly 1,000 paintings, sculptures, works on paper, and installations created by PAFA’s BFA students, third-and fourth-year Certificate program students, and MFA candidates, all on the verge of their professional careers.The preview party was hosted by the Women’s Board of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, and this year, honored Georgiana W. and Eric W. Noll. Student artists were present to discuss their works with guests and they retain the majority of the purchase price of works sold. Artist Alexandra Schnabel (left) paused for a photo with Women’s Board president, June Smith, committee member Rebecca Segall and ASE co- chair Melissa Ingersoll. The exhibit and sale continues through Sunday, June 3.
3. Robert Bryan and Julie Jensen Bryan (left) paused for a photo with Mike and Margaret Crofton and Matthew Walker of the Philadelphia Trust Company during the preview party. Philadelphia Trust was an event sponsor.
5. Former Women’s Board president Anne McCollum and honorees Eric and Georgianna Noll paused for a photo with artist Brad Davis (second left).
6. Dorothy Mather Ix and Alison Nalle chatted with Sam Freeman.
8. Julia and Chris Ward and Gordana Loncar chatted with PAFA president David Brigham.
10. Madison Alig, Barry A. Milberg, Katie Adams Schaeffer and Schuyler Alig shared a moment with Laurie Phillips (center) during the ASE Student Exhibition preview event.
11. Jennifer and Olivier Chateau toured the exhibit with Women’s Board member Carolyn Nagy and her husband Alex.
12. Chelsea Nader created a variety of dresses for her girl squad to wear at the preview event.
13. David Brigham chatted with artist Nicole Parker and Woodmere Museum CEO Bill Valerio.
14. Stephen Chase and Victoria Trentacoste paused for a photo with past Women’s Board president Linda Aversa Caldwell and her husband Donald Caldwell, past PAFA board president.