1. Freeman’s is honored to announce it has been selected to bring to auction the Collection of Mrs. Dorrance “Dodo” H. Hamilton, renowned philanthropist and horticulturist. It will be offered in two auctions: the fine art, furniture, porcelain, silver and other decorative and personal items will be presented as a single-owner sale on Sunday, April 29 and Mrs. Hamilton’s jewelry collection will be offered in Freeman’s Fine Jewelry auction on May 9. The Collection of Dorrance “Dodo” H. Hamilton features more than 150 lots, comprised of paintings by Cézanne, Hassam, and Garber, jewelry by Cartier and Tiffany & Co., European and American decorative arts and reflects Mrs. Hamilton’s preference for surrounding herself with what she loved, without concern for trends. On Thursday, April 26, 2018, Freeman’s officers Virginia Salem, Paul Roberts, Alasdair Nichol, his wife Susie Nichol and Jerry Riesenbach welcomed attendees to The Collection of Dorrance “Dodo” H. Hamilton pre-auction reception at Freeman’s galleries in Center City, Philadelphia.
2. Jenny Newcomb and Alexander and Alison Nalle chatted with Sam Freeman.
3. Anna Coyne and Brian Cawley attended the pre-auction reception.
4. Freeman’s auctioneer Alasdair Nichol pointed out some of the items to auctioned off to Frank Mirabello.
5. Laughton Rice, Tina Aberant and Paul Sohmer chatted with Freeman’s Tom McCabe (center) during the pre-auction reception.
6. Andrew Zahn, Andrew Taggart and Daniele Burrows attended the event.
7. Julia Haller, M.D., and Rebecca Elias admired this chair and matching lamp!
8. Jim and Silke Voigtlander and Jon and Marie Perper.
9. Freeman’s Vice President David Weiss paused for a photo with Ada Trillo.
12. Philadelphia Bar Association vice chancellor Michael Snyder and its executive director Mark Tarasiewicz attended the pre-auction reception.
13. Bob Jaeger (right) commented on this painting during his conversation with Mark Nester M.D.
14. Mary Anne Viggiano, Katherine McKeon and Jeanette Arthur attended the event.
15. Freeman’s Whitney Bounty and Nick Nicholson loved the collection of Staffordshire Dogs!
18. Freeman’s Anne Henry, Virginia Salem and Mary Maguire admired the Cezanne painting.