The Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) names 2018 Students of the Year at the Logan Philadelphia Hotel
1. The Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) announced the names of the 2018 Students of the Year at a grand finale on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at the Logan Philadelphia Hotel. LLS’s Students of the Year is an exciting leadership development and philanthropy program in which high school students participate in a fundraising competition to benefit LLS. Every dollar raised counts as one vote. The candidates/teams who raise the most money at the end of the 7 week competition earn the title Student(s) of the Year. For motivated high school students, this program ensures they stand out among their peers when engaging with colleges and/or future employers. Through guidance and mentoring from experienced professionals at LLS they will make a real impact in the fight against blood cancers. The Grand Finale marks the finish of a seven week fundraising competition that launched on January 15. The local winner will go on to compete for the national title, which will be announced later in the spring. This year’s class of candidates has set a goal of raising $150,000 and a personal mission of not only raising funds to help create a world without blood cancers, but also raising awareness for LLS’s goal to cure blood cancers and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Aidan and Caleb Ferraez paused for a photo with Rachael, Chris, Mary and Michael Brashier.
2. Zoe Kaplan, Ari Amar, Isabelle Gordon and Olivia Koch.
4. Grand Finale Emcee Dr. Michael D. Cirigliano paused for a photo with Emily Fiore and Greg Seitter
6. Richard, Reagan and Kori Snyder paused for a photo with LLS Executive Director Ellen Rubesin
8. Hugh and Nicole Curran, Marisa Morgan and Leslie and Greg Gauthier
9. Erik, Karen, Carmen, Carter and Max Strid paused for a photo with Renee Patrone and Ted Rhinehart
10. Megan Traversari shared a fun moment with Ned Oxford, Annie McDonald, Caden Traversari and Vincent Sciarrotta!