On Saturday, March 10, 2018, the Down The Line and Beyond Foundation held its 8th annual Spring Gala at the Cynwyd Club in Bala Cynwyd. Down the Line board members and guests enjoyed a silent and live auction, music, dinner, ceremonies and an awards program. Former professional American tennis player Luke Jensen was the featured speaker. Down the Line and Beyond (DTLB) is a United States Tennis Organization (USTA) affiliated National Junior Tennis League (NJTL) non-profit foundation that organizes free tennis and character development programs for 1600 children in underserved parks and communities within the city of Philadelphia. DTLB, with the assistance of CITRS, an organization that structures and implements effective character education and development, has built a curriculum for its programs that fosters integrity, self-control, justice, fortitude, positive attitude, humility, respect and good sportsmanship. Down The Line founder Pascal Collard (left) joined board member Ann Brown, featured speaker and renowned tennis player Luke Jensen, and board member Ken Toscano were pictured during the reception.
2. DTLB founder Pascal Collard and artist Roseline Koener paused for a moment with Rosaline’s work of art named ”Magical Cycles of Life II” The painting was an auction item.
5. These students represented Bodine High School, the event’s beneficiary.
7. Peggy Elkin chatted with Barbara Winokur and Laurie Cassella Libros.
9. Jerry Colston, Nancy Kuhn, Cecelia Hodge, and Chairman of Down The Line and Beyond Roy Simpson were pictured at the event.
10. Ann and Rick Brown and Ken and Barb Toscano.