1. The French Heritage Society Philadelphia Chapter held the traditional Fête des Rois avec les Galettes celebration at the home of Chris Ward and his wife Julia. Julia Ward is the current Philadelphia Chapter Chairman. The event featured French wine, a buffet dinner and galettes des rois. Tradition holds that les Galettes “draws the kings” to the Epiphany. A figurine, la fève, which can represent anything from a car to a cartoon character, is hidden in the cake and the person who finds the trinket in his or her slice of les Galettes becomes ”king” or ”queen” for the day. (From left) Chris and Julia Ward, Rosanne Loesch, Yves Quinton and Georgia Shafia welcomed guests to the celebration.
2. Cheryl Smith and Nathalie Peters attended the event
3. Tim and Cindy King chatted with Mimi and Richard Hahn during the event
4. Jim McCabe and Charles Ingersoll paused for a photo with French Heritage Society Philadelphia Chapter president Julia Ward during the event
5. Wawa Ingersoll, Julie Jensen Bryan, Peter Kennedy and Robert Bryan gathered for a photo at the event
6. Janet Smith, Alison Chase, Janice Martin, Cynthia Day and Nathalie Peters enjoyed the celebration
7. Guests included Judith and John Benner and Carole and John Michaels
8. Chris Ward chatted with Baird Standish, Paul Sehnert, John Benner and Peter Kennedy
9. William Green, Ali Lopez, Laurenson Ward and Sadie Mendlow
12. Rosanne Loesch pictured with Yves Quintin was crowned ”Queen” at the event
Laurenson Ward who was crowned ”King” at les Galettes celebration shared his moment with Sadie Mendlow, his father Chris Ward, William Green and Ali Lopez
14. And James McCabe was also crowned ”King” at the Epiphany celebration!
15. Gaelle Dyevre chatted with Ellen Kennedy and Noelle Wister during the French Heritage Society event.