1. The Powel House Annual Holiday Party took place on Sunday, December 3, 2017. Guests enjoyed cocktails and a holiday buffet along with a silent auction and caroling with members of the Orpheus Club. One of the finest examples of Georgian architecture in the United States, it was built in 1765 by merchant and businessman Charles Stedman. By 1931, under threat of demolition, the house was purchased and became the flagship property of the Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks. Later restored and opened as a museum dedicated to Colonial Revivalism, it played an integral role in the redevelopment of Society Hill into one of the nation’s premier heritage neighborhoods just blocks from Independence Hall. Committee members Rita Powell, Suzie Pattinson, Bobbie Turner, Ann Moyer and Maria Angelides gathered for a photo during the Holiday Party.
2. Pat Hilpl, Lee Dennis, Roberta Kangilaski, Alex Connor and Robert Breading served on the Holiday Party committee.
3. Jacob Leista and Natalie Herbert (left and center) chatted with Jonathan Burton, Executive Director of the Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks during the Holiday Party.
5. Charles Keates, Kayla Antony, John Ventura, Elaine Mirabile and Greg Montanaro.
Members of the Orpheus Club performed Christmas Carols on the stairway.
6. Gordana Loncar and Livia Klaus chatted with Ed George.
8. Charlotte and Victoria Kritikos, Gabrielle Lee, JoAnne DiSanto and John Smith paused for a photo during the event.
9. Justin Jeffers chatted with Tom McCabe, John Ventura and Greg Montanaro.
12. Mary Trezise, Mimi Hanks-Bell and Victoria Kreider.