Executive Director of the Enterprise Center, Della Clarke, Pennsylvania State Representative Donna Bullock, Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, Drexel University President John Fry, Brandywine Realty Trust President & CEO, Jerry Sweeney, Councilwoman Janine Blackwell and Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and other dignitaries (left and right) paused for a photo in a ceremonial ground breaking photo opportunity.
Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE: BDN), in partnership with Drexel University, broke ground on Phase I construction of the mixed-use, master-planned Schuylkill Yards development in University City. The first phase of the $3.5 billion, multi-year project will enhance the public realm by creating a 1.3-acre community park at the corner of 30th and Market Streets to be known as Drexel Square, followed by the reimagination of the former Bulletin Building, and the development of two towers at 3003 JFK Boulevard and 3025 JFK Boulevard. This first phase of development will produce 4.6 acres of entrepreneurial space, educational facilities, research laboratories, corporate offices, residential and retail spaces, hospitality venues and open public spaces. Schuylkill Yards is the next chapter in Brandywine’s longstanding, proven commitment to West Philadelphia, which began more than 15 years ago. Schuylkill Yards groundbreaking ceremony took place on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at the intersection of 30th & Market streets. More than 250 notable guests, community partners, dignitaries and Philadelphia VIPs attended the event.
3. Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Rob Wonderling paused for a photo with Senator Vince Hughes and PIDC President John Grady.
4. Joe LaBarge, Tyler Vandegrift, Steve Rush and Steve Harris.
5. Subir Sahu, Evelyn Thimba and Randy Deike.
6. Greg Montanaro, Dimitrios Boufidis and David Wilson.
7. Scott Shandler, Sara Merriman, Fran Fielding and Chantell Bernherdt.
9. Jerry Sweeney Jr., Bethann Coradino and Dan Moller.