1. The great estate that inspired The Philadelphia Story, Ardrossan, is the last great estate left on Philadelphia’s Main Line. David Nelson Wren shares the richly detailed history of the baronial splendor of the Philadelphia Main Line estate Ardrossan and of the Montgomery family who built it, in his book. The author was the honoree at a book launch party held on Saturday, November 4, 2017 at Ardrossan. It was hosted by Joan Mackie, a member of the storied Montgomery family. Mollie Wheeler, Joan Mackie and book editor Beth Daugherty paused for a photo with the author David Nelson Wren during the book launch party.
2. Annemarie Kelly and Joseph Eagle (left) purchased their copy of the book signed by the author. Editor Beth Daugherty and cover and book design editor Kathryn Hart looked on as David Wren signed the book.
3. Family members (from left) Rick Von Czoernig, Bob Montgomery, his daughter-in-law and son, Nancy and Alec Montgomery paused for a photo during the book launch reception at Ardrossan.
5. Dawne Von Czoernig, Joe Cintron, Brittany Von Czoernig, Betsy D’Angelo, Rick Wheeler, Eric Von Czoernig and Christopher D’Angelo paused for a photo during the book launch reception.
7. Heather and Rob Reilly chatted with Radnor Board of Commissioner president Elaine Schaefer and Laura Luker of the Radnor Conservancy.
8. Barbara Erberlein of Eberlein Design Consultants spent more than a decade restoring Ardrossa’s interiors to their original state. Barbara (left) chatted with host Joan Mackie and guests Kathy Norris and Alix Jacobs during the book launch event.
10. Book designer Kathy Hart (left) shared a moment with Nancy Zahler, Judy Bardinger and Kelly and David Bashore.