1. The Wayne Art Center is pleased to announce the 2017 Student Works Exhibition that opened with a free and open to the public reception on Thursday, July 20, 2017. This annual exhibition of impressive and diverse works is featured by adult students who have been enrolled in classes at the Wayne Art Center during the 2016-2017 school year. 2017 Student Works Exhibition will run from July 20 through August 18, 2017. This year’s exhibition features 236 works by 137 students that include drawings, paintings, collage, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, stained glass, works on paper, photography and mixed media. Over 200 works are featured by Wayne Art Center adult artists. Claudia Rilling who is a faculty member of Wayne Art Center, presented the awards at the opening reception. Originally from Bucks County, Claudia Rilling taught and exhibited in the San Francisco Bay area for many years. She earned her BFA from Boston University in 2002 (Cum Laude, Dean’s List) and her MFA from the Academy of Art University, San Francisco, California, in 2010. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. During the summertime, Wayne Art Center is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Brian, Louise, Jackson, Will and Sheila Dusinberre paused for a photo during the opening exhibition.
3. Cathy Grygiel, Joyce Ross, Sherry Ward and Dona Behrend.
7. Nancy Campbell, Joe Gerber, Claudia Rilling, 2017 Student Show Juror, Karen Fogerty, WAC Faculty and Karen Louise Fay.
8. Wayne Art Center Faculty members.
10. Amy Karash, Sabine Rehm, Elisabeth Braun and Kendra Linton.
11. Diane Lavalle and Suzie and Sam Wasson.
12. David Rozek and Tessa Downs.
15. Award winners of the 2017 Wayne Art Center Student Show
16. Doris Peltzman.
17. Jane Gardner, WAC Board Member & First Priority Bank Sponsor, Barbara Berry, Nik Jancic and Frank Bernard.
19. Nannette and Chris Darway, WAC Metalsmithing Faculty