1. The Pennsylvania Ballet’S 50th Anniversary celebration annual season opening gala took place on Saturday, October 19, 2013 in the John Wanamaker building’s Crystal Tea Room. A leading Philadelphia cultural institution, the Company has earned a national reputation for its impassioned artistry and technical virtuosity and has received widespread critical acclaim for extraordinary performances of a diverse classical and contemporary repertoire with a Balanchine base. The season opened with the Company premiere of George Balanchine’s full-length masterpiece, ”Jewels.” The Company was established in 1963 by Barbara Weisberger, a protégé of George Balanchine, through a Ford Foundation initiative to develop regional professional dance companies. Barbara Weisberger (second right) was pictured with (from left) Earl Levit, Connie Hochman and Mark Hochman during the cocktail reception.
2. (From left) Cristina Kaiser, Melissa DeRuiter Kaiser and Laura Williamson.
3. (From left) Christine Diaz and Tyler and Ellen Braun.
4. (From left) Steve, Janet Mullin and Alessandro Mullin, Cindy DeFidelto and Michael Medway.
7. (From left) Susan and Michael Loiacano, Tom Dyer, Karen Faherty and Rich Rosen.
8. (From left) Jason and Charlotte Pride and Alicia and Denean Williams.
11. (From left) Eric Noll, Leeann Kress, Georgianna Noll and Karen and Gary Zimmer.
12. (From left) Kelsey Hellebuyck, Elizabeth Mateer and Caralin Curcio.
13. (From left) Leah Hirsch, Allison Pierce, Katherine Buchheit, Edward Barnes, Pam Barnes, Brook Moore and Sara Grace Lee.
14. (From left) Dr. Neal Bozentka, Sharon Bozentka and Edward Barnes and his mother Pam Barnes.
15. (From left) Jennifer Smith, Jessica Gattinella, Heidi Cruz-Austin, Natalia Charova and Barette Widell.
16. (From left) Elizabeth Wallace, Charles Keates, Katherine Buchheit and Greg Montanaro.
17. John and Karin Kopesky attended.the 50th anniversary gala.